If you are interested in conserving your land, there is a general process that will be followed:
1. Contact the Conservancy to start the process.
2. The project is presented to the Board for initial discussion.
3. If approved, the Board will explore the land further, including a site visit.
4. The needs and goals of the owner is discussed at greater depth.
5. A stewardship fund needs to be established.
6. An appraisal, survey, and deed/title work is started.
Typically, this process can take 9-12 months. Read more about the criteria used to evaluate land for conservation.